T’aaq-wiihak Program Coordinator (Term Employment)
The Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council (NTC) is seeking a responsible and skilled individual for a T’aaq-wiihak Program Coordinator term position that supports the T’aaq-wiihak team. Based out of Tofino or Port Alberni, the T’aaq-wiihak Program Coordinator will supervise financial reporting, perform administrative duties and provide support to the T’aaq-wiihak Fisheries Manager to ensure the continued success of the T’aaq-wiihak Fisheries Program.
The T’aaq-wiihak Program Coordinator oversees the administration of services delivered to the five member Nuu-chah-nulth Nations of the T’aaq-wiihak Fisheries, their communities, and their members. The T’aaq-wiihak Program Coordinator will report to the T’aaq-wiihak Fisheries Manager and work with T’aaq-wiihak, Uu-a-thluk and NTC professional staff and contractors.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Post-secondary degree in a related discipline, for example BSc in Business Administration or related field
• Demonstrated relevant experience, including fisheries-related project coordination, program administration, file management, financial management and reporting
• Experience working with First Nations and ability to function in a cross-cultural environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong working knowledge with Microsoft Office, Word and Excel software; and
• A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
The position description is available upon request. Please contact Sally Hill at: Sally.Hill@nuuchahnulth.org.
We will respond only to those applicants chosen for an interview. We thank all applicants for their interest. Pursuant to Section 16(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act, preference will be given to aboriginal candidates who have a working knowledge of Nuu-chah-nulth culture and fishing practices.
Application deadline is 12:00 pm (noon) on March 16, 2018. Please send your cover letter, resume, and three references (available to call) to:
Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council
P.O. Box 1383
5001 Mission Road
Port Alberni, BC V9Y 7M2
Attn: Human Resource Manager